Discover the skills and processes involved in bringing a creature from the written page to the silver screen in this fascinating ‘behind the scenes’ exhibition.
This 5,000 sq ft exhibition engages people of all ages through their leisure, hobby, school and work interests. It reveals how monsters and creatures are designed and story-boarded, maquettes made, then how the full size creatures are sculpted, moulded, and finished. Visitors see how animatronic components are designed and installed to create the bones and muscles that bring monsters to life. Interactive exhibits allow the visitor to become an animatronics puppeteer.
How to Make a Monster features the work of 1995 Visual Effects Academy Award winner for the movie ‘Babe’, John Cox and his company John Cox’s Creature Workshop.
Regional Tour version now available. 2000 sq ft (1 truck) ‘Monsters’ exhibition is now accessible to smaller venues.
- 2013 Flier
- Monster News! Queensland Museum Southbank
- Monster News! Coming to Sydney
- Monster News! Australian Museum Sydney
- Monster News! Western Australian Museum
- Monster News! Saint Louis Science Center
- Monster News! Anaheim Muzeo
- Monster News! Exploration Place
- Monster News! City & Regional Oz Tour
- Monster News! New Zealand
- Monster News! Grafton Regional Gallery
- Monster News! Telus Spark, Calgary
- Monster News! Saskatchewan Science Center